Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Three Years Ago

Three years ago today Bailey suddenly collapsed.  In what turned out to be a lifesaving move, Joe rushed Bailey to the vet where she received an emergency spleenectomy.  Ironically, I was shopping earlier that day and took this picture of a stone bench…little did I know how hard these words would soon hit home.  I was able to get a flight back to AZ the next morning and we learned a few days later that Bailey had a rare, fast moving cancer. 

While I’m thankful for the 90 more days God gave us with Bailey, I can’t help but think of the things she has missed out on.  Veronica would have loved Bailey’s silly mannerisms and I can just see Bailey and Basil chasing rabbits together.  Bailey and Jasper would have fought for that special spot on the couch while Bocci, who is now gone as well, would have loved to spend her last few years with her little sister. 

Photo by Crescendo Photography
Bailey was an amazing girl and will always be my “soul dog.”  Not one day has gone by the past three years where I have not thought of her and missed her beautiful smile. 
Miss you and love you Bailey girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment