Monday, November 8, 2010

Thank you

Thank you for the many thoughtful notes on the loss of Bocci. We all lose loved ones and it's comforting to know that friends are near for support.

It seems unreal that two weeks ago Bocci was healthy (as far as I knew) and thriving well for a 13 year old. Now she is gone and the house isn't the same. I have been beating myself up thinking that maybe there was more I could have done. It's crossed my mind a million times that I may have given up on Bocci before she gave up on me. I wanted to find that one slice of time that was not a moment too soon or a moment too late to let her go.

Bocci's absence has taken a toll on Basil. Many have noticed that she is not as perky and social. I know she misses her big sister who was also a pseudo mom.

The vet called this morning and Bocci's ashes are ready to be picked up. While I dread making that drive, it will be nice to have her here next to Bailey.

Thank you again for all of the warm emails and notes. Here is a snapshot of Bocci from 10 days ago...standing beside the fridge begging for a treat. :)


2 comments:

  1. Bridget, it breaks my heart to read your blogs! I'm so sorry for your loss... When we had to let our Andie go in 2007 it was the hardest and most painful decision we've ever had to make, and even now, almost four years later, I wonder sometimes if it was too soon.

    Our sweet Duke is 14 going on 15. Amazingly he's had no medical problems at all, except for really bad teeth. He sleeps a lot, and some days he is sleeping so deeply that I have to pet him for a minute for him to wake up. I know the time can't be too far away, but I am resisting even the thought of it with every inch of my soul.

    I love the fact that Bocci was able to enjoy a 1/4 pounder with fries...

    Again, so sorry for your loss Bridget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you pounce around at the Rainbow Bridge with Bailey and Sparky. We love you Bocci!

    ReplyDelete