Monday, August 3, 2009

Cardiologist Report - Good News

We received good news from the Cardiologist today - Bailey's heart is free of any visible cancer signs. Thank you, Thank you!! Bailey is still having a few heart arrhythmias - likely left over from surgery. The doctors don't seem too concerned so her first chemo treatment is this coming Friday.

I managed to build up a gigantic mountain of anxiety prior to and during Bailey's appointment. Once Dr. Beaver shared the good news, I wept uncontrollable - she didn't know what to say! LOL I honestly don't know how people with terminal family members handle the pressure. This is our first and my heart bleeds for you if you've been or are currently going through such an ordeal.

I'm flying to NYC tonight for a three day work trip. A couple good friends will be stopping by the house to check on Bocci and Bailey. I can't wait to get home and I've not even left!

Baileyism
Bailey is not a fan of me traveling. She pouts from the minute my suitcase comes out of the closet. It's amazing just how intuitive animals can be. This picture of Bailey was taken a few years ago when I was in the midst of packing. I now keep the suitcase in the spare bedroom and pack when Bailey is sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment