Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Soul Dog

Wow - does Bailey know me like the back of her paw! As you can imagine, I have been a ball of anxiety and sadness this past week. I've been through 1000+ tissues and several shirt sleeves. I've spent the last 4 nights sleeping on a make-shift bed on the floor next to Bocci and Bailey. I last showered....not sure I want to admit that here. Anyway, I've noticed that Bailey has been mopey and depressed. At first, I thought it was the medicine and/or her sore belly. She was not following me from room to room, wagging her tail or responding to attention. Certainly not traits of Bailey. It finally occurred to me that she was mimicking my behavior. Go figure. So today I decided to turn over a new leaf - put the sleeping bag away and consider brushing my teeth. Bocci, Bailey and I started our day with a walk around the block followed by breakfast and a mini Showtime. We snuggled, laid in the sun and cleaned the house. At one point, Bailey even sassed me for dancing crazy in the kitchen - I often embarrass her when I act silly.

Although Dracula (my new name for the awful blood cancer that is hurting my baby) is always on my mind, I'm trying to focus on happy times and creating more memories.

Baileyism
Bailey and I feed off of each other's energy. This picture was taken in January 2009 at Dog Expo in Tempe. The look on her face is priceless. It appears she is doing a round off from a Showtime performance. Gosh - I love that dog!




2 comments:

  1. Bailey is beautiful, Bridget. You are blessed to have her as your soul dog. Love her and love her some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Souldogs they are! Mine was like that too. They are such sweet and pure little beings ... :)

    ReplyDelete