Sunday, August 16, 2009

When it rains, it pours

Bocci stopped eating on Wednesday. I took her to the vet Friday morning where she received sub-q (under the skin) fluids. Later Friday night, Bocci began vomiting - she had 5 episodes between midnight and 7 am. We went back to the vet first thing in the morning and she was placed on an IV for the day. I picked her up around 5pm and the vet suggested we x-ray the abdomen and do a Pancreas test. Bocci and I drove across town to another vet for the procedure. I paced the floor for 45 minutes worried sick that they would find a mass similar to Bailey. Thankfully, the x-ray did not show any visible masses, however, I was warned that the only real way to tell is through an ultrasound. The vet also tested Bocci's blood and determined that along with a thyroid issues (which we learned about last week) that Bocci has Pancreatitis. Pancreatitis is treatable with meds and a restricted diet. Bocci is home with me now and eating bits of boiled chicken.

As for Bailey, she was feeling awesome on Friday. It was so good to see her being silly and sassy. Unfortunately, she joined Bocci around 4am Saturday morning - vomiting a number of times. A trip to the vet turned up normal blood and temperature readings. She's home, but barely eating. I spoke with the Oncologist today who said it's not likely that the upset stomach is from chemo.

It seems so odd that both girls are sick with similar symptoms. I've retraced their meals and activity and cannot pinpoint the cause. I feel so bad for both of them - the 3 of us are laying low hoping a day away from the vet and meds will get life back to normal. Dear Lord - when is this going to stop? This is taking such an emotional toll on the girls and I.

Joe is back in Wisconsin, so special thanks to Kelle for spending the night and my sister, mom and little Char for their numerous calls to check on the girls. I'm completely drained and hope we can get these two turned around - they deserve to be happy and healthy as they've brought so much joy to the world.

Baileyism and Bocciism
We'll keep this one short - If my love could save you, you would live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment