Monday, September 14, 2009

Dine and Dash

I've had so much fun with Bailey this past week. She's back to her ol' self - stealing leashes, putting on shows and warming my heart. She even played mountain goat on the hill behind our house - there was nothing stopping her from reaching the top.

We received Bailey's K9 immunity pills and boy is that stuff pricey. We paid $155 for 180 capsules. She will get a total of 6 K9 pills per day plus 2 Probiotics and 4 Yunnan pills. She should be taking K9 Transfer Factor, but I forgot to order. Ugh. Thankfully - the pills are easy to hide in her food. I've become an expert at hiding pills in food over the past 6 weeks...so good, that when I went to take my vitamin the other day, I accidentally wrapped it in turkey....as if to hide it from myself. I need help which is no surprise to many. :)

Bocci is doing great as well. While we know she will never run up a hill, she has been trotting to the mailbox and back with me. It is such a relief to have our two girls feeling better. Thank you again for all the prayers and positive thoughts - it worked!!

Baileyism (more of a storyism this week)
This past Friday, Bailey and I went to a feed store to get her high protein/grain-free food. While there, Bailey found a bin full of homemade treats - $2 each. Before I knew it, she devoured a peanut butter, paw-shaped treat. I tried to pay for Bailey's snack, but the clerk said not to worry. On the way out, Bailey ran past the bin a second time, grabbed several treats and darted out the door. She was on a mission - as if she knew we had to run before getting caught. I can't believe my golden and I pulled a 'dine and dash' move - especially since bystanders saw the crime in action. I wonder if there is a WANTED poster stapled to the door with a picture of Bailey and I???

A dear friend of mine is a photographer and took this picture of Bailey back in May. Such a great shot!

1 comment:

  1. Wrapping your own vitamins in turkey - great story! :)

    I'm glad your kids are doing great. Please keep us updated on their progress. I really would like to know how the K9 Immunity is doing. Like I said, it's something I had looked into ... but for future reference it would be nice to know.

    Big hugs to your furry kids!

    ReplyDelete