Sunday, September 20, 2009

Preparing for Round Three

Bailey has her third chemo treatment tomorrow and to be honest, I'm not looking forward to it. Round two was brutal and it took almost a week to shake the side effects. I'm hoping this time will be different as she'll receive a pretreatment of Zofran. We'll hold off on the acupuncture tomorrow and understand it is available post-chemo if needed.

All things considered, Bailey is doing great. I feel so fortunate to have this 2nd chance with her and plan my free time around doggie activities. A few things to note regarding Bailey's health: At some point (wish I would have written down the actual day), I noticed Bailey eating grass. She's also developed diarrhea on Friday. This has me a bit concerned as we've been careful about keeping her diet consistent. She's been eating the Evo Reduced Fat dog food for the past two weeks with a combination of turkey, eggs and broccoli. The supplements I talked about a few posts ago are added to each meal. The only thing that is fairly new is the K9 Immunity which was started on Tuesday. Diarrhea is not a common side effect of K9 Immunity so something else must be going on....just need to find out what that is! I also wanted to point out Bailey's energy level has decreased quite a bit. Lord knows she has been through a ton, but it's hard to see her tire so quickly.

Baileyism
Bailey drinks incredibly loud. Actually, not only can I hear her from across the house, I can easily track her down with the trail of water she leaves behind. The funny thing is, Bocci is the total opposite and drinks like a tiny kitten. Cracks me up.

Here is a picture from our short hike the other day. I also came across this funny clip from a few weeks ago when Bailey was on a chicken/rice diet and Bocci was not eating due to her Pancreatitis.

2 comments:

  1. Best story EVER about the dine and dash!!! You should submit that to a pet magazine!
    Just wanted you to know I am praying for a positive outcome for you tomorrow. Stay strong and know that there are so many people out there pulling for you and your family.
    All the best,
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. The chemo is probably incredibly hard on your girl, so now that round 2 (and even 3) is completed, little stuff shows up ... I hope it clears up soon, but I know you'll keep a close eye on her. How did today go?

    The video was sweet, but I can hear the concern for Bocci ... you're such a sweet dog parent. I wish our babies could talk to us and let us know how we can help him, sadly they don't and we have to guess half the time. Again, I'm sure you're doing everything right, and I'll pray that Bailey will be around many more months :) and years! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete