Friday, November 20, 2009

Time

I can't believe its been 4 weeks. It feels like forever since I had Bailey by my side - at the same time, it doesn't seem real. I keep hoping that I'm having a nightmare and will soon wake to have everything be okay. Bailey brought an incredible amount of joy to my life and I hope she knows how much she is missed.

We received a card from the Oncologist this week with the Rainbow Bridge Poem and another saying I have never heard, but now hold near and dear.

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives
Even more temporary than our own,
Live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.

Unable to accept its awful gaps,
We still would live no other way.

We cherish memories as the only certain immortality,
Never fully understanding the necessary plan...."

~Irving Townsend


My girlfriend, Marnie, with Crescendo Photography took this picture 5 weeks ago today. It's hard to believe that Bailey passed just one week later - she looks so pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Hugs Bridget ... I hope that you will find some solace soon.

    It was good talking to you last night. Looking forward to tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream about Bailey and Maggie again, apparently they have become fast friends and like to "steal" toys from other animals :)

    ReplyDelete