Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

As expected, today was a tough day without Bailey. I found a bit of relief in hiking to her special spot on Las Sendas mountain. While there, I decided to write about 10 things I am thankful for this year.

1. The 10 amazing years that Bailey and I had together.
2. My family and the closeness we share. I'm especially grateful for the health of my parents who are both approaching 80. I'm fortunate to be able to spend several months with them while they winter here in Arizona.
3. Werbee (aka Joe)- he is one of the kindest people I know and obviously patient as he puts up with me!
4. Bocci and Basil - they warm my heart every day.
5. My fantastic friends - I would not have made it thru the past several months without their support and encouragement.
6. Two month countdown- our home is finally nearly completion and we're very excited to be moving in the end of January.
7. Dessert - life would be so boring without my cakey sweets.
8. My career - I love the hospitality industry and work for a fabulous company.
9. My Blackberry - enough said!
10. I am most thankful for the gift of 90 days to show Bailey every ounce of love that she deserved. Most would not be so lucky and would have lost their beloved pet on the table, but we were given 3 months to celebrate her life.

Okay - like everyone, I overdosed on food and feel a crash coming. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Happy to hear you got a little list going :)

    And for some reason I never knew you had a BB!:D

    ReplyDelete