Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bocci Girl

We are so lucky to have our Bocci girl. She is sweet, laid back and low maintenance - except for when it comes to food - our Bocci likes to eat!

I noticed Bocci first looking for Bailey the night of her passing. Bocci seemed a bit nervous and went from room to room looking for her sister. Bocci and Bailey were never super close, but it was obvious that they loved one another. One of my favorite things was when they would lick each other on the top of the head - so sweet.

I also noticed Bocci looking for Bailey on Sunday when I returned from a hike to Bailey's special spot. I walked in the door and Bocci looked up at me - she immediately looked down (doggie level) and stared into the garage...I know she was waiting for Bailey to walk in. It broke my heart. I knelt down and told Bocci that her sister was not coming home. Deep down, I think she understood.

The three of us are adjusting to the emptiness we feel without Bailey.

Here is a picture of Bocci and Bailey from 2007 - Bailey is on the left and Bocci on the right.

1 comment:

  1. Awww ... yeah they know :( You guys will get through it! It was so nice to see those videos today and here you laugh. I understand it's bittersweet for you ... but still, it's a good distraction at the moment.

    Many hugs to you, and lots of little kisses to Bocci and Basil.

    ReplyDelete