Monday, October 26, 2009

A Lifetime Wish

Bailey - you've only been gone 75 hours and 25 minutes, but it seems like a lifetime ago. I want so much to hold you tight and see your beautiful smile.

To My Bailey Girl:

If I could have a lifetime wish,
A dream that would come true
I'd pray to God with all my heart
For yesterday with you.
A thousand words can't bring you back,
I know because I've tried.
Neither will a thousand tears
I know because I've cried.
You left behind my broken heart
and happy memories too
But I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.
Author - Unknown

Our special friend, Mareike, has this same poem dedicated to her beloved Sparky who passed two months ago. Please give Sparky a hug for me.

This is one of my favorite pictures of you....it was taken several months before you got sick....in typical Bailey style, you were craving attention and likely trying to talk me into taking you for a walk.


I hope you are safe and I hope you know how much you are loved. I feel bad that I'm not there to take care of you. I'd give anything to have you back with me. I miss you so much.



1 comment:

  1. Bailey-Girl:
    We will miss you so very, very much. I never met you, but I heard from your mom, that you were such a little sweetheart...
    By now, I'm sure, you've met my Sparky up there. He's the big boy, the black, fuzzy guy. The one in constant full-body-wag. The one who's desperately trying to get your attention so that you both can play and romp like crazy until the 'cows come home' :D He's got that big, juicy nose that he likes to use for kisses on the cheek. Stay close to him, because he will show you around; show you all the cool spots and introduce you to all the fun pooches up there... And I'm pretty sure, he knows where the treats are ;)

    Make sure you say "hi" to him for me, and I'll make sure that your mommy gets through this okay... See you soon, sweetie.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete