Sunday, October 4, 2009

Like the Energizer Bunny

Bailey girl is doing fabulous! She has five days left before her fourth treatment and to see her today, you would have no idea she was going through chemo. She was kind enough to take me on a walk this morning...I opened the door and out she ran with me trailing behind. Who needs a treadmill when you are tethered to a rambunctious Golden!

One thing is for sure, Bailey has far more energy than previous weeks. I'm starting to wonder if it's from the K9 Immunity pills as we have not changed anything else in her diet or routine. She started the supplement about 3 weeks ago and it's said to kick in around day fourteen. A few weeks ago, she would tire easy and was not her peppy self. Now, she is at the same energy level as a year ago - way before the cancer reared its ugly head.

Baileyism
One of my favorites stories to tell is about the day that Bailey and I first met. She was part of a big litter and the breeder met me in Casa Grande - about 1/2 way for both of us. I had 6 female pups to pick from which was no easy task. Thank God the breeder was patient while I spent an hour playing with the puppies. I finally narrowed it down to 3 and placed ribbons around their necks to keep track of my favorites. I remember asking the man upstairs to help me pick the best...to give me some kind of a sign. All of a sudden, Bailey ran over to her 'first mom', latched on, flipped on her back, and started nursing. It was so comical to watch her as it seemed like such a sassy and spontaneous move. I've been a sucker for her ever since and these pics are from our first day.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pics. I'm always up for cute baby pics :) And I am sooooo relieved and happy that Bailey is doing well. What happens next? I would love to know.

    Thanks for checking in with me. It's been a little up and down with me, but overall there is progress. I really appreciated you message. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete